Monday 12 June 2017

Player Star Fighter Finished

After a ridiculous stretch to this point, my final version of the main player star fighter is finished. Am I happy with the final product at some points,  however I know that there is some room for things that I could have done better with my own abilities.

Firstly, I am happy with half of the objects of the final model completely. They would be the engines, the primary and secondary weapons. Mainly because I had a complete work flow with them. I am espically happy with the  The other objects (the wings, the body and the latches on the wings) did not. Why? Because in the work flow for them, there was a major error that snowballed into more problems down the road. Example; the body lost all of its UV's when it was transferred into Mudbox and I did not notice until I had finished sculpting the mesh. Another problem is that you are supposed to give a mesh more polys when the base has been done in Modelling software, to be able to sculpt the model with detail in another program. However not all polys are the same size and because of that, you want more polys on some faces but not others. This can cause major frustration. This was a problem for both the latches and the wings (a minor point is that I wished the oranges matched, instead of becoming darker the more to the center an object is.).


Another problem I ran into and still have no idea of how to change, is a problem with the paint layers. The black paint in this image was done with one straight paint stroke. I still don't know what is causing this, you can even see it in the the faded orange above the black. It could be with how the poly shells have been set out, but this has never happened with any other project.

Since the deadline for my portfolio, is the 16th of this month this is finished for the deadline. Hopefully from this long and frustrating experience from developing my part of our Synoptic project I can use what I have learned to not have major issues like this in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment