Monday 5 December 2016

After Effects/Illustrator Logo Update





















I have been working on my logo since I finished my logo assets in Illustrator and to combine them together. Aside from my plant and my moon, I have added a background and sub-assets in the final design.

I have done many things to improve the look of my logo. It will appear better in After Effects when all of the particle effects and lighting effects are added into the short six second animation. Firstly, the plant hasn't been changed for now (even though I have a few ideas) , the moon has had editions. I have added more ellipses in front of the main asset, with different shades of white and black to have more relation to reference images of the moon. To stylize this, I changed the outline of the moon to a more of a rough pencil outline.  Finally for the moon, I have added a major lighting effect to make the moon shine brighter from the background, this effect was a radical blur that was scaled outwards. 

Secondly, the sub assets in the shot are the stars, the hill, the background and the title. The stars are all small, white ellipses that have the outlines blurred out. The hill was created with the pen tool to make a un-even semi circle and have a colour gradient horizontally to add the colour on the hill, combining light green, dark green, and some brown. The title is something that the logo needs but it is subject to change.

For now I am happy with my progress with how it visually looks, but to get the animation done the next steps is to work backwards to the first frame I want the animation to start since this shot is the final frame for the logo (but without the particle effects). Aside from the things that I want to improve I am happy with my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment