Monday 5 December 2016

New Modeling Task (Industry Level Standard)

This week we started a new modelling task using all of our modelling skills to create the best possible model in 9 more week sessions. This week was mostly about creating an idea, getting reference images, a few sketches and starting to model the idea. The idea that I choose was to create a desk for a detective during the 1930's.

This is an environment model since is does not contain only one main object in the scene I will be adding objects such as a typewriter, lamp, ashtray, liquor and a office chair. I will do these objects in the difficulty that they appear to have so immediately after the desk I worked on the typewriter.

Any secondary ideas I have are making a back wall with blinds and having papers on the desk. The style of this will have a noire look to it.

The main point that I have to use in this environment is to use many more individual meshes for each object. However planning for the future you can colour code your meshes for the object to have similar textures for the final product.

Now, since this is an environmental design I am not going to fully detail every poly in the scene. There are many ways that I can do this an example would be using normal maps to achieve a good look but without imploding the poly count. Another point that was given was to constantly bevel many edges to look smoother because not too many objects have really sharp edges.

Other than that my only goal is to finish all required objects before the beginning of next week and I will improve my assets as I go along.

No comments:

Post a Comment