Tuesday 25 April 2017

Trying Shading in Drawing

If I want to follow with a Carrier path in animation I have to improve my drawing techniques and styles I have to practice. A suggestion I got was to practice shading in drawings. I have drawn a few objects from games I like and decided to try to shade them in well. I think I did fairly good, but just like anything to get better I need practice.

The way that I tried drawing was by, firstly lightly shading the ares that should be shaded in from the direction that the light was coming from (where I positioned the light), then by adding in more shading to where the shading should be darker. Then another layer of even darker points and so on.

I drew a Hollywood set chair, Overwatch Rip-tire, and Dark Souls Sorcery Clutch Ring.

I feel that I did fine with the objects them selves and the shading on the objects however the shadows on the ground were mostly tacked on as a last minute thought. Since these are pencil drawings they are fairly unprofessional, I might do computer drawings in shading later, once I get more experience.

Considering that I had one image to go of off for the design and ideas of how the lighting might hit the objects, a way to improve the final look of drawings like this is to get some real life examples in front of you which is what I will try next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment