Monday 25 April 2016

Next Gen 23/04/16 Models Update

The main models I have updated, are the Low Poly Chest and the Sci Fi Wardrobe.

The chest was a model that was discarded during the project "Lost Dog Simulator". The main update was that the chest was separated into 2 sections, the main body and the hatch/door. The reason for this was not just because of textures, but because that means the chest can open.

Compared to the older model, this chest has more levelled out polygons and the hatch can open because of its point of origin being at the back of the box back side. I have gotten all of the textures I need for the model to be complete. One more thing I could add would be some form of cushioning/fabric inside the chest.


 However that will have to made as a separate object, plus it might inter-fear with the low poly style we were going for.






The other model (The Wardrobe) was much more tedious to deal with because it consists of 30 separate objects. All of them need different textures and some of the objects (latches to the boards) need moved origin points to be precise. Another problem I realised is that if I connect the latch to the board all of the polygon UMV mapping would be reset (which means around 1 hour of wasted work).

My main issue with this model are these. These are the 'conduits' that allow the wardrobe to work. The issue is, there are over 40 of them and they have over 50 circular polygons, each. I have not figured a way in which to get all of them UMV mapped at a good time rate. Plus I have not found a good texture for the largest polygon (the face). I am mostly happy at the fact that most of the UMV mapping has been finished.
The final look that I want it to have, is a style like the original Bioshock, when they took a element from the past and updated it with modern technology.

Now I have not been focusing on this. Once the exams are over (26/04/16) then I can focus on my portfolio.

No comments:

Post a Comment