Thursday 2 March 2017

All 3D Model Updates (Synoptic Project and Dective Desk) 18/02/2017

Over the last week I have made some progress on both models of the Detective Desk and SSCS.

Firstly, the SSCS models. I have finished the main design of the player starship, the next step is to UV all of the objects for the model. The main models I made, is made of separate objects: the main body, the left wing, the right wing, the engine, and the additional engines are made of three separate parts the reason for this is to create the locking on animation for the upgrade when it comes on screen.

I am finally happy that I have started to for a model for the enemy fighters. Considering it was an unused design for the main ship I am happy it is being used. The design for ship was based of off an offhand remark

The only objects in the main starship mesh that I need to include now would be the main and upgraded weapon systems. Once they are done and the UV's are done I will take this into Mudbox for texturing. The enemy ships can wait for now.Since the main body of the game has been finished and some of the early prototype problems have been fixed.


The detective desk has more or less been fully UV unwrapped by now and I have started to do the textures for three of the assets, the typewriter, the desk and the lamp. Since the office I think would have a bit of wear and tear some of the textures that I will paint will have faded away or have some scratches.

I do feel that I have made some progress but now that the university interviews are over, I can delicate my time to improving my projects. For now the industry task takes priority because it has a deadline sooner than the Synoptic project.



No comments:

Post a Comment