Thursday 16 March 2017

Final Stretch for Industry Standard Project

In the last few days I have updated my objects for the detective scene (mainly the typewriter body). Since my last blog post I have found out how to increase the poly count in the models without altering the rims. Their are two tools to get this effect. Firstly, the 'Crease' tool allows you to lock an edge into place with their vertices.  The other tool is the Smooth tool, this multiplies the amount of polygons that the model has based on which polygons you have selected, meaning a very large polygons will have the same amount of extra polys that a smaller one would. Mind you this is for the mesh not for individual polygons.

To use these changes, I have added extra sculpting into the bodies of the mesh to add extra detail. Adding sculpts for the screws in the side, minor holes for small levers and ironing out sharp corners.

I have redone some of the textures for the objects and have have added some extra layers (besides diffuse maps), such as gloss and bump maps. I do want to try and redo these textures in Substance Painter later.

However, another snag is that I have imported all of the objects I have finished back into Maya but when I try to bring in the low poly version into the scene as well all of the objects are screwed up and some of the objects just disappear. I think it is because the program thinks that the similar objects are the same. Even though the file names are different.

When the bake for the scene is completed that will be the end for this task for a while.





No comments:

Post a Comment