Monday 20 March 2017

Synoptic Project Update

Our team project is taking shape now. Most of the coding basis for features and mechanics have been finished and the player code is done, Has my modelling also kept up?

Well, both of the main models that I have been working on have been fully designed and UV-ed. All of the additions for the main ship have been finished. I am just fixing any errors in the meshes so it s ready for texturing. The only main point of content now is "What colour palette will the models have?". My opinion, I believe the alien ships should a purple or blue main coat with additional green additions. For the main ship, it could have a silver coat with bronze additions and placement of bright lights.

I haven imported the main body of the ship to work on. For extra detail I have added small trenches across the main body because on science fiction spaceships you can see they have plates of metal spread across them, this is to show where the plates end. If I did small but a little wide ditches and pull the edges together with the grab tool, then lightly flatten the surface (with the flatten tool),
gives the best impression for this. I will admit this my not be the best choice but I will follow through until it has been completed. Another addition is the vents at the front of the body like some ships have.

My next steps are to finish the body and texture it before moving on the the other parts that will not take as long. I plan to have this model finished before the beginning of April.







No comments:

Post a Comment