Monday 27 March 2017

Fixing My Problems With My Work

For the past 2 weeks I have been facing problems and now I have slowly but surely fixed my issues so that I can get back on track.
Firstly, with the Mudbox import of the synoptic project. To recap, I imported the main body of the player star fighter into Mudbox to sculpt and texture the model. The issue came in the fact that I exported the model as a FBX and I could not sculpt it. So I exported and re-imported it as an OBJ file. The problem was I added two subdivision levels to the model so when I started my work the UV map was not part of the file (which mean I can't paint the model without problems in Maya). So, even though I put a lot of more into the mesh I decided to cut my losses and restart from the beginning of importing in Mudbox with keeping the UV's. My designs for sculpting remains the same for now however.

For my industry standard issues, the problem (the most recent) was that the objects would not bake down because either mostly the objects couldn't map out the normal map on the lower poly model or the low and high poly objects would not match up, which causes problems for the textures. The object that worked out mostly is the main body however the colour wouldn't bake on because the UV's were in different spots. So the main task now is to repaint the object in Mudbox to finish.

For other progress, I have started to sculpt the main body but not to the extent as the first time and have started trying colour palettes for the colour scheme of the ship. Then, once I have finished baking the desk and the objects the scene will be finished for the industry standard project.

I am happy that I have almost fixed my problems for my current projects and started to make more progress, after these tasks are done the next steps are to finish all other objects for the player ship in the synoptic project and pose all finished low poly objects in a scene for this Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment