Sunday 21 May 2017

Adding more to detail before the deadline

In the past week I have decided that I will add more detail to my objects before it is finished.

The way that I will do this is by smoothing out the mesh in Maya and creasing certain lines to keep the mesh what shape I want, before importing it to Mudbox  and adding one more subdivision level for sculpting.

Something extra I have figured out is that you can change the look of the mesh with a material editor next to the stencils and stamps. That's why obj files are orange and fbx files are black.

The main point of the extra detail is to add dents and drops in the mesh. Compared to how simple some of the objects are in the model I want more from it. I know that I can't do this to every one of my objects, however I will try with most of them.

Since I have started to properly understand 'Substance Painter 2' I will texture this object in SP, then see how it will look, compared to the rest of the model. Since SP has more options for the textures (such as adding metal shading into the colour), I will most probably appear different however.

Depending on how much time I have left, that will show if I use Substance Painter for the project. I will finish the objects in Mudbox first before Substance painter,so I have something to show as a finished project.

No comments:

Post a Comment