Sunday 21 May 2017

SSCS Alien Starship Finished

I have finally finished one of the two main models for my synoptic project and I am quite happy with the result.

Since last time, I have baked all of the objects down to low poly versions and applied all of the diffuse and incandescence layers. Then finally put the objects together to create what the final model will look like.

A point that I learned more recently is that when Mudbox saves your model file, it saves your texture files in a separate file. If you export the texture files it can appear differently (as you can see). What happened is that when transferring an incandescence layer to a texture layer in Hypershade, sometimes it can't read some of the information on the layer. An example is using the blur tool with lighting; to cause pools of green instead of a glowing light.

I am fairly happy with how the normal map appears on most objects for the model. especially for the body back indentations and the weapon tips.

If there was anything I wish I could improve would be how the wings join up to the body, it looks just like is clipping into the main body. One more idea would make more of the indentations glows appear blue, too make the colour more prominent without overpowering the green.

For now I am done with this model and need to prioritise finishing the player star fighter. Right know all of the objects are finished with the first model and UV'ed. What my issue is now, is that I have an understanding of Substance Painter 2.  Since that texture program has better capabilities than Mudbox I might want to redo the textures. So either redo all textures in less than 2 weeks or continue with a not as good texture editor.

No comments:

Post a Comment