Tuesday 9 May 2017

Industry Standard Project First Version Finished

I have finally finished my typewriter model. This doesn't mean I am finished with it yet however, this is the main focus however I know I can add more before the deadline of June. Sine last time I have textured and baked the keys and have cleaned all of the main texture issues.

I have learned that some rendering software (such as Arnold) are better than others. Sometimes (like in my other blog posts) Mayas software can try to hard to render everything and over bake certain parts of models. As for the final render of the completed object I am mostly happy with it, all of the objects look fairly decent and fit together well. Any problems with my current objects would have to be that some parts of the normal maps don't cover up the low count at points. An example is the loop that surrounds the keys; you can see some hard edges that should be smooth.

As something else that has been bugging me for the longest time. I figured out how to change more of the lighting system in Mudbox. In the display tools you can deselect "Smooth Shader", what that does is it adds extra shadows to the model based on what angle you are at. This is helpful when the mesh is finished, however when it is still being sculpted and painted, it gets very irritating. So since it is gone when I need it, it makes the process a bit easier.

My plans for this now is to mainly add more individual objects to the typewriter to make it more complete. I have already added a small lever on the face at the front. An example of what I could add would be all of the small metal rungs and gears further at the back near the main lever. Or maybe add letters to the keys.


No comments:

Post a Comment