Wednesday 4 May 2016

Next Gen 01/05/2016 Model Update and Sketches

 The model chest that I have been working on is virtually complete, aside from a few extra teaks I could give it.

The main improvements of the model that I have made since last time is that firstly (obviously) I have added texture to the model and none of the polygons are uneven or out of place. This has been a frustrating experience, because of 2 issues that occurred. The first one was that 3ds Max crashed after I applied the textures, without saving. The other one was that the UMV mapping of the chest lid (twice) reset its polygons. All i all this wasted around 2 hours of time.

I am happy with the progress that I made, however I could add a bit more. There is nothing inside the chest, I would like to add a form of cushioning, like a red cushioning/cloth. The way that I can do this is by creating a cube at the exact same co-ordinates as the inside of the chest, then edit the cube with vertexes at certain points, to simulate cloth.

The main issue that I have with the model is the texture in two places. The first problem is that the front of the chest has a cut texture under the lock. The second is the metal bars on the front and around the lid don't match the texture of metal on the body. It seems rather ugly to me. A way I know I can fix these issues is by doing a complete re-haul of the texture UMV and rescale certain polygons next to others so that the texture can seem fit fit well together without looking disjointed. However this is a major step up from my first full texture (of the drill).

Just as a side note, since I was struggling to think of solutions for some of the model updates, I decided to do a scene sketch and a character sketch.

I realised that I have not done anything with drawing for a while. So I decided to create a few sketches to make sure I don't fall back on some progress. For the characters, I tried a more cartoon style (from over exaggeration of the features of the face). The next project I need to post an update is the drawing task in Photoshop.


No comments:

Post a Comment