Sunday 29 May 2016

Next Gen 26/05/16 Model and Animation Updates


I made a secondary animation in Adobe Flash. The main additions in this compared to the other animation is: having rotation in the animation and having objects (that have a motion tween) appear and disappear in certain frames. One more point is that the motion path for each object can be altered and bent (aside from the key frames).

I encountered a major oddity with my Maya animation. One issue that I have had with my Maya animation is that, after the clip was uploaded into Maya I always have viewed the animation from the pov of the clip. For some reason I disengaged from the pov, but still had the clip start in my view creating a double view oddity.

The last thing was the models that I was creating for "Quacky Racers". The other model I was making was the scrubber. As you can see it has a cartoon style texture on the wood. It maybe more obvious than the tap I featured in a previous blog post. Although, in all opinion, how can you make steel appear to be cartoonish.

One more point is that I figured out a way to stop the texture split. Using the stitch tool in the UMV mapping screen, it joins polygon sections together without distance or overlapping. This allows for better textures on my models. The only issue that I am having with this model is the texture for the bristles. However since it was supposed to have a cartoon style it will not be as hard as realistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment