Monday 30 January 2017

Starting the Process of the Synoptic Project


I started getting the project under way over the last 2 weeks however I need to catch up because I have been under the weather for a while. I have done 2 major designs and 2 sketches of how the functionality of the starship would work.
An issue that I have been running into however is that I must export every scene I make in Maya, because I have a more recent version of the program and because if this when I load up the file it spasms across the 3D space and the UV polygons become a mess. I need to find a way to remind myself of exporting the scene or I can't do work.



I have reworked my original design of the body of the starship into less of a box and more of a rounded shape (like most other spaceships). Since I have now gotten the main design of the starship down the main points of this scene is to finished the wing designs and add in the known additions of the model such as the additional engines and weapons, then to finally make small animations of either the additions folding out of the model starship or attaching to the model.



The main point of the modelling now is the worked in extensions to the wings and body for the additional upgrades. They will be there own objects, just like the body, the wings and the primary weapon for the player to use.








These are the two designs that I made, the first will mostly be left alone, however the second design will be used for a prototype for the enemy attack ships. This will be the basis of what I will model from. Our project lead (Conner) has created an idea for a drop ship that will serve as an area of spawn for the enemy fighters. So that is something that I don't need to worry about for the future. I know that there is a point of where I need to focus on the textures but I don't know how soon that will be.







No comments:

Post a Comment