Thursday 19 January 2017

Trim Paths

This week we tried to understand the concepts of pre-composition for projects.

This project was done by having already set the outline effects of the illustrator asset word. The way that we improved on this was creating two compositions over each other and included a black shape layer in between. From this, we altered the shape layer with editing the layer with a choke layer. What that means is that the bottom layer can slightly clip through the shape layer.

Once the main points of the VFX sequence have been completed. The comes the extra visual effects. For each new effect we added we created a new adjustment layer for the composition. The effects that I added were blurs from both horizontal and vertical axis, another was changing the overall colour from a pale white to a golden yellow and the final effect was adding a backlight the letters. The final step was adding the letters back into the composition from the top layer. This makes the final product.

Overall, for this I project I am happy with the results however I feel that with a lot of these after effects projects, we have been fed this information but I fear that this information for this program will just become irrelevant in the coming weeks. If you told me to recreate the past projects I feel that I couldn't do it.

The only way that I could improve this is by practice projects, but I don't know where to start. I understand the layout and principles of the software, however with everything else I feel lost.




No comments:

Post a Comment