Monday 16 January 2017

The Noire Detective Table update

By this point I have finished all of the major objects that I want in the scene (which include the table, two glass cups, the bottle of alcohol, a pack of cigarettes, a lamp, a 1950's telephone and a typewriter). I have now started the process of UV unwrapping the models and creating the textures. Some of the models I will send the UV shells into Photoshop for the using real-life textures (such as wood for the desk) and others will be sent into Mudbox to paint the textures on the model. I feel that Photoshop is better (most of the time) for objects and assets in a scene while character models are better used in Mubox.

Once the UVs are complete and the textures are done and everything has been imported back into Maya, I will add extra lighting effects to the scene and see if I still have time for an extra object.

We did have an opinion to change what we are working on to combine with our synoptic project, however given how much time and effort I have put into this project.

Since this is the most tedious part of creating 3D models this will be the most uninteresting.

No comments:

Post a Comment