Thursday 19 January 2017

Synoptic Project Beginning

Image result for geometry warsThis was the first week on working on the chosen projects. I got set the project that Conor had pitched as lead 3D artist and Creative Director. The idea is to create a top down sci-fi shooter (similar to Asteroids or Geometry wars) with waves of enemies trying to destroy the international space station. My other teammates Gabriel and Conor are in-charge of the rest, mainly coding and game design.

My main job is creating 3D assets for the game including the space station the enemies and the main player starship. Right now I am designing the look of the starship, the main feature is that it has an upgrade system to alter the look of the starship with additions (like adding extra engines for speed). So issue is creating a design so that is does not look bloated with the additions. The solution was to work backwards with all of the additions in place. I have made two designs so far for the starship. Once the design has been chosen, I will model the starship, then texture it. Next comes modelling the designs of the space station and the enemies. The deadline for the first product is in 3 months so I have to work hard to keep up with all of the projects happening at the same time.

Other than the starship, the main models will be the international space station and the enemy UFOs. I will have to create designs for them as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment